Celebrating my daughter’s result.She got 95. 27%in class 7th ..I am very happy for her.I always make cakes to surprise her but this time I made her favorite dessert.When she saw my creation she was really happy.
So, Let’s enjoy my celebration dessert.
Trifle is a great dessert to use leftover cakes, brownies or muffins!
Trifle pudding is one of those rare forms of desserts that is liked by almost everyone!
It has the perfect combination, of jelly, fruits, sponge, and custard! It’s the perfect spring time dessert.I like my trifle with lots of strawberries and bananas in it.
Well, I have been making this kind of dessert with different fruits and puddings for years, but I didn’t know that it has a special name. When searching for English translations of some ingredients in this dessert, I found that it is called trifle. I loved this name! I would call it layered pudding or something if I hadn’t found this name.
1 pack of vegetarian jelly ( strawberry flavor)(I used weikfield )
Water as mentioned on the jelly pack
Plain sponge ( store-bought or you can make it yourself, check the recipe here ) The cake should be enough to create a 1 1/2 inch deep layer!
2 fresh bananas
1cup Chopped grapes
1 cup fresh strawberries
1 1/2 cup milk
11/2 tbsp instant vanilla custard powder(eggless)
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
Whipped.cream 1 1/2 cup
- Prepare the jelly as mentioned on the pack. If making individual portions pour into the cups till it makes a 2-inch deep layer.( If making a big serving pour into your pudding bowl.)
- Allow it to set.
- For individual servings cut the sponge into small pieces. Otherwise, keep it whole. Arrange on a deep tray and spoon the sugar syrup on the sponge. Allow it to sit.
- I used the Eggless malai vanilla cake Recipe here…Eggless Malai Vanilla Cake. Cut with the help of cookie cutter.
- For the custard, add the custard powder to 1/2 cup milk. Bring the remaining milk to a boil. Add the sugar and cinnamon and stir until the sugar dissolves. Pour the custard powder mix and whisk well. Let it simmer for 1 minute.
- Set aside and let it cool.
- Cut the fruits into thin slices and keep aside.
- Once the jelly has set and is firm to the touch, arrange the sponge on the jelly.
- Whisk the cooled custard and put in the glasses with the help of icing bag or spoon.
- Follow it with a layer of the sliced fruits(banana, strawberries, and grapes).
- Take the Whipped cream and spoon into an icing bag fitted with a star nozzle.
- Using the icing bag create a swirl of the whipped cream on the fruit layer.
- Let it cool in the refrigerator for an hour. Decorate with some fresh strawberries. Serve chilled
- It can be made for individual servings in a glass, or as one big dish (to divide later) in a big pudding bowl.
- You can use any fruits of your choice.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!Like share and spread your love