I am a big fan of sweet paan. Every day after dinner I cannot resist myself from going out and having paan.
One day I got an idea to use home grown paan leaves and successfully nailed thIs recipe.
These crunchy paan balls are made using homegrown paan leaves.
Here is my take on the famous Indian beetle nut digestive.
Paan Balls or Paan Bites is a wonderful mithai made using Betel Leaves, Gulkand, Nuts, and Sauf. They are small Ladoo shaped balls. They are quick to make and taste like eating a meetha Paan.I have tried to simplify and make it little more creative and presentable. Your loved ones and guests will be surely impressed by this.
So if you are willing to taste this no red mouth and no betel taste paan. Try out this recipe and feel the burst of divine flavors of paan bite.
15 to 20 Calcutta paan leaves wash and pat dry and finely chop.
10 to 12 Almonds coarsely ground
10 to 12 cashew nuts coarsely ground
7 to 8 Dates grind them
3to4 dry figs finely chopped
2 tbsp coarsely ground Aniseeds( saunf)
2 tbsp colorful saunf
3 tbsp Dhaniya dal
2 tbsp dried Rose petals crushed
2 tbsp unsalted roasted melon seeds
4 tbsp desiccated coconut
2 tbsp gulkand
- First, put paan leaves in Mixi and just give a churn ( do not make a paste)Mix all dry ingredients nicely, flavours Now just taste these flavors feel less Just add,
- 1 tbsp full saunf ,1tbsp multicolor saunf, 1tbsp desiccated coconut ,Mix, Now add dates, gulkand and figs and mix nicely.
- Make neat balls, Lightly coat in green colored desiccated Coconut.
- Keep in fridge to chill.
- you may also try PAAN ( BETEL) CHOCOLATE FUDGEPaan (Betel Leaf) Flavoured Cake , Paan ke Ladoo (Paan Bites)
- Can keep in airtight container in the fridge for some days.
- If mixture is dry, then you may add a little rose water( I did not)
And if the mixture is soft, add some desiccated coconut.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!Like share and spread your love
4 thoughts on “CRUNCHY PAAN BALLS”
Thank you for your likes and appreciation towards my cooking passion😊
LikeLiked by 1 person