Gulkand Muffins with Apple – Muffins with a twist of candied rose petals and walnuts.
Fusion food is a general term for the combination of various forms of cookery and comes in several forms.
I love baking and so this time I baked these muffins for me .l love gulkand flavor but my kids said Mumma -no gulkand, but when gulkand muffins came out, they were loved by all.
Hi… I am here with an interesting recipe today, eggless gulkand Muffins.
Gulkand is nothing but rose petals jam and it is well known for its cooling properties and relieving tiredness. It has a refreshing pleasant fragrance. I like gulkand so much for its unique taste and smell. This can be added to many Indian desserts like barfi, laddoo for added flavor.I saw this recipe on food food tv show.These gulkand muffins are mildly sweet and perfect.Gulkand / Rose petal jam is used for this muffins and the aroma of the cake is wonderful.
As most of you may know gulkand is a rose preserve with many health benefits. It is natural coolant and you can use it in the summer season to cool us down.
Do try these yummy muffins if you love the gulkand flavor. A rich and tasty teatime treat it will be.
Prep Time: 6-10 minutes Cook time: 31-40 minutes
Recipe courtesy.Food Food tv
Gulkand 2 tablespoons
Red apple 1
Refined flour (maida) 1-1½ cups
Butter 1/2 cup
Castor sugar (caster sugar)(I used regular powder sugar) 1/2 cup
Yogurt 1/2 cup
Fresh cream (I used Amul) 1/4 cup
Walnuts chopped 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Baking powder 1 teaspoon
Baking soda 1 teaspoon
Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
Oats for sprinkle
- Preheat oven at 180° C.
- Cream together butter and castor sugar in a bowl. Add yogurt and fresh cream and whisk well.
- Add candied rose petals (gulkand), walnuts and salt and whisk well. Sieve in flour, baking powder and baking soda and fold. Add vanilla essence and fold well to make a thick batter.
- Fill ¾ of each muffin molds with the batter.
- Deseed and cut Washington Apple into small pieces.
- Top the prepared muffin molds with some chopped apple and sprinkle some oats.
- Put the prepared muffin molds on a baking tray. Place the baking tray in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Demould and serve.
- you may adjust gulkand quantity according to your taste.
- you may also use silicon mold for baking.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.