Hi, this is my anniversary cake. This time I made bounty cake.I got this idea from my dear friend anubhuti .she is also a good cook and tries new dishes. She made this cake and it was really liked by me and my daughters. The taste is superb with the coconut enhancing the flavor of the cake.
Bounty chocolates are favorites of those who love the combination of chocolate and coconut. This time I made this eggless chocolate cake recipe combining some of my recipes.
All purpose flour (maida)1Cup
Milk powder 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar 1/2 Cup
Cocoa powder 1 tbsp
Baking powder coated tsp
Baking soda 1/2tsp
coffee powder (heaped)1/8tsp
Milk 1/2 cup
Curd 1/4 cup
Water 1/4 cup
Vanilla essence 1/4 tsp
Whipped cream for decoration
small star nozzle
Heart shape chocolates and sprinkles
- Grease and Dust the cake tin…. process of applying a thin layer of butter to the tin and then coat it with Maida is called grease and dust. This process ensures easy removal of cake.
- Take a heart shape pan, apply butter all over the inside part of it, sprinkle Maida (I used the maida and cocoa mix) and rotate the pan as you rotate a steering wheel when you drive a car. Tap the pan on the back and dust off the excess flour.
- Mix flour with baking powder, soda, coffee and cocoa powder and sieve it thrice.
One, by sieving thrice all ingredient will mix together nicely.
Two, sieving will incorporate air to the maida.
- Take a bowl, add soften butter and sugar, beat until light.
- Now add milk powder and curd beat thoroughly. Add essence.
- Add Sieved flour (with baking powder and soda, coffee and cocoa) gradually with milk and water and fold the batter with the help of a spatula.￼
- Do not beat much at this point. Pour this batter into a greased cake tin and tap the pan twice on your kitchen counter to release air pockets. ￼
- Preheat the oven at 180*, bake it for 30-35 minutes. To check, insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake if it comes out clean, it is done.
- Take it out from the oven, let it cool for 8-10 minutes in the pan and then invert it on the wire rack for about one hour and let it cool complete.
- FOR THE COCONUT FILLING:
- 4tablespoons of desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp milkmaid
- Mix the coconut with the milkmaid to make into a smooth spreadable paste. Keep aside. If it thickens a bit you can add some more milkmaid to get it into the spreadable consistency.
- So, we have our perfectly baked chocolate cake! Let it cool completely (this is VERY IMPORTANT) and once it’s cooled, keep it in the fridge for a few hours.
- Since this is a very soft and moist cake, if we do not keep it in the fridge it will not cut nicely.
- Once it is in the fridge and cool cut in in half with a serrated knife.
- On one-half spread the coconut mixture and then put the other layer of cake on it pressing it gently.
- Spread the whipped cream on the top and the sides. Cover the cake with whipped cream.
- make the border with a star nozzle and decorate with chocolates and heart shaped sprinkles.
- dust the cake with red color spray color.Here the picture I have used.
- Now time for fondant decoration.I used blue color fondant.First, roll the fondant with rolling pin.cut the heart shapes with fondant tools.
- Make lock with a cookie cutter.Take some rolled fondant and make the key impressions.
- Arrange lock and key on the cake .write message.
- Your “bounty” cake is now ready to be eaten!! You will love the light texture of the cake combined with the sweet coconut filling.NOTES:
For best results, the cake needs to be refrigerated for a few hours before you slice it to sandwich it with the smooth and sweet coconut filling.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!Like share and spread your love