Today I am sharing a simple desiccated coconut ladoo recipe coated in delicious chocolate. Coconut balls or coconut laddoos are a very popular and easy Indian sweet recipe that can be made in no time. And when you combine coconut with chocolate the end result is simply amazing.
This coconut chocolate balls recipe is a no bake dessert recipe that even kids can make. My daughter made it.
As the summer holidays will soon start, you can teach your kids these little treats.
Milkmaid/ condensed milk – 1/2 tin
Grated coconut – 2 cups + 1/2 cup for rolling
Ghee – For greasing
Dark chocolate 1/2 cup
Milk powder 2tbsp (optional)
- In a non-stick pan, add condensed milk, 2 cups grated coconut, milk powder if using.
- Heat over medium flame and stir for 4 – 5 minutes or until the mixture turns non-sticky and becomes a mass.
- Switch off the flame and let it become warm. In a plate place the remaining grated coconut and make equal sized balls out of the mixture.Grease your hands with ghee each time while rolling.
- Melt dark chocolate in a water bath or microwave.
- Now dip the coconut laddoos into the melted chocolate
- On a butter paper or silver foil place, the dipped chocolate laddoos to rest for almost 20 minutes. Sprinkle some colorful sprinkles over the chocolate coconut laddoos and refrigerate them for another 30 minutes.
- Grease your palms before shaping the laddoos. If you feel that the mixture is sticking to your hands grease your palms again.
- Make sure you always shape laddoos when the mixture warm.
- Always use butter paper or silver foil to rest the chocolate dipped balls. If you directly place them on a plate the laddoos might stick to the plate.
- If your coconut is too moist, dry roast without changing its color.
- Make sure you keep the flame always in medium flame.
- You can refrigerate the laddoos, but since coconut, consume within a couple of days.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!Like share and spread your love