Watermelon juice is an effective thirst quencher and coolant to beat the summer heat with amazing health benefits. Basil is healthy and provides a lot of cooling to the human body, so this is a no-brainer as a must have to drink every day. Best served when chilled, this quick recipe is sure to get you refreshed after a hot and tiring day.
I make this watermelon juice very often. I usually drink it a glass of it after my morning workout. As watermelon is made up of 92% of water. Thus it is very hydrating fruit. It is perfect to have after exercise or a day in the sun.
4 cups of chopped watermelon
2 tbsp soaked Sabja seeds( basil seeds)
Lime juice as needed
½ tsp black salt
¼ cup sugar (purely optional)
Salt to taste
Ice as required
Few mint leaves
- Soak the basil seeds in water for half an hour.
- Place watermelon and ice into a blender.
- Pour in lime juice, black salt, sugar, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into serving glass and add soaked basil seeds and mint leaves before serving.
- Serve chilled.
- Watermelon juice helps you lose weight. It is very low in calories and full of wholesome goodness.
- This is the ultimate drink you need to hydrate yourself and get that constant nutrition supply.
- It clears the skin as well as makes it smoother and bright.
- It fights against diseases and protects your body from cancer.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.