I love love love salad. It is so much fun to put together your favorite fruit, veggies, nd dressings and create a spectacular dish. My husband loves my salad presentation and taste, He always appriciate me to make new creations .
Super Simple Cantaloupe Fruit Bowl is loaded with your favorite fruit, vegetables, and a simple dressing to perk up your tastebuds. It is a fun-filled fruit salad, perfect for parties and easy enough for lunch at home.. a flavorful blend of veggies fruit, lemon, and hung curd makes for a light and delicious salad.
I try to give salads the importance they deserve, as a complete and delicious course, and I hope my salads can inspire others to try them and enjoy a healthy diet, as I do.
I do believe the dish looks good if you present them in creative plating and of course taste matters.
1/2 cup hung curd
2tsp fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
1tsp black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt or according to your taste
1cup melon balls
1/2 cup boiled American corn
1/4 cup cucumber
1/2 cup red and green capsicum
1/2 cup tomato
1 cantaloupe(muskmelon) halved
- Using a non-toxic marker, draw a zigzag pattern on the cantaloupe.
- Cut deeply into the melon along the pattern.
Separate the halves and seed.
- Use a melon baller to scoop the flesh from the cantaloupe and honeydew into balls.Set aside.
- Make the dressing by whisking the Hung curd, lemon juice, sugar, pepper and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the red and green capsicum, cucumber, sweetcorn, green chili,
melon balls almonds; stir gently until evenly mix
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to blend flavors, stirring a couple of times.
- Spoon the salad mixture into the hollowed out melon halves or into serving bowls.
- you can include whatever fruits you want or have on hands and make your own creation – so much fun!
- Melon baller: if you don’t have a melon baller, you can make melon cubes instead.
- Nuts: for some added crunch, you can add some sliced almonds or some walnuts.
- Decoration: place a branch of mint on top of your melon bowl, so pretty!
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.