This is a sweet mango pickle with a lovely flavor of cumin. Loved the sweet and spicy taste of the pickle a lot. You can have it as it is or spread it on toast and have it like marmalade.
I learned this recipe from my sister-in-law.
my hubby doesn’t like pickles but loved this sweet and little tangy Chunda.
I used little sweet raw mangoes for it.
serve aam ka chunda as a side condiment with a Gujarati or north Indian meal or you can also have it with chapatis, paratha, methi thepla, lauki thepla, mooli thepla, pooris, Rotis or bread.
quick and easy mango chunda recipe.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 to 30 mins
Raw Mango – 3 large peeled and grated
Salt – 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder /Haldi – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 cup
Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- rinse and wipe dry the mangoes. then peel them. grate or shred the mangoes.
- Take grated mangoes in a kadhai. Add in salt and turmeric powder and mix well using your hands. The water will leach from the mangoes.
- Add in sugar and mix till the sugar is mixed and melted.
- on a low flame or sim, cook this mixture. initially, the sugar will melt and consistency will be watery.
- stir often so that the sugar does not crystallize and keep on simmering the mixture.
- when the sugar syrup will start to cook, you will see the mixture bubbling.
- keep on stirring and cooking, the mixture will begin to thicken.
- Add in chili powder and cumin powder.Mix well.
- Put this whole thing on heat and bring it to boil. Simmer the pan and cook on a low to medium heat till the mix get thick.
- Remove it and let it cool down. It will get even thicker.Serve..
- once cooled, spoon mango chunda in a clean sterilized glass jar or bottle. mango chunda stays good for more than 3 months in the fridge and about 15 to 20 days at room temperature.
The recipe can be doubled by doubling the ingredients.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
3 thoughts on “MANGO CHUNDA”
Thanks for your kind words.
LikeLiked by 1 person
[…] MANGO CAKE These Mango cakes is egg-less, yet so soft and moist. It melts in your mouth and that frosting on top makes it super awesome. Mango Cake MANGO CHUNDA Spicy, sour and sweet mango preserve made with raw unripe mangoes and spices. Make it before the mangoes go away .MANGO CHUNDA […]