Sprouted Moong Cutlet (Tikki / Kabab) is made from sprouted moong beans. Sprouted Moong Cutlet is rich in fiber and a significant source of protein and carbohydrates. Kabab is made of by using mashed potatoes, sprouted moong, carrot, beans coriander leaves, green chili, onions, nd spices. Potato has been used for binding the cutlet.
This Healthy, crunchy, and yummy Sprouted Moong Cutlet is a perfect for breakfast or snack time.
This time I tried to add sprouted moong to add additional nutrient to make some delicious and tempting looking kababs for my kids Not only kids but we all enjoyed every bite of it. Used capsicum, beans, carrots, potato and some oats to make these beauties. These are pan fried in very less oil , which makes it suitable snacks for weight watchers too.
So, try out making sprouted moong cutlets with these easy to follow step-by-step instructions. Enjoy!
Time: 30 mins( leaving the chilling time)
1 1/2 cup very finely chopped mixed veggies (Beans, carrots, colored capsicum)
2 cup sprouted moong ( green lentil), lightly steamed or microwaved for 5-6 mins.
2-3 medium size potatoes, boiled and mashed
2 big onions, finely chopped
3-4 green chilies, finely chopped
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup green coriander leaves, finely chopped( optional)
1tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp black pepper /red chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp garam masala powder
1/2-1 tsp chaat masala powder
Salt to taste
- First of all coarsly grind sprouted moong . Don’t make its paste , grind for few pulses without adding any water. Keep aside for later use.
- Heat some oil in a wok, add chopped onions and chilies. Let them fry till golden, now add ginger garlic paste (optional) and saute for 2 mins. Add all dry spice powder except chaat masala .
- Now add chopped mixed veggies and some salt, saute for 4-5 mins. Cover and cook till veggies are tender.
- Add oats and saute for 3-4 mins. Now add ground moong and saute for 4-5 mins.
- Add mashed potatoes again saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add chaat masala and adjust salt.
- Finally add coriander leaves and mix well. Switch off the flame and your mixture for Kabab is ready. Let it chill in fridge for 1 hr.
- Now make desired shape of kabab from mixture . I made heart shape using cookie cutter.
- shallow fry on a non stick tawa till nice golden on both sides.
- Your nice tender and delicious kabab is ready to be served with any chutney or sauce. I served with tomato, coriander, and mint chutney.
- It is a healthy shallow fried cutlets, great finger food for kids. It can be kept inside a burger bun or eaten as it is with tomato ketchup or chutney.
- You can use any veggies of your choice, I used whatever was available.Veggies added to these cutlets make them more delicious and healthy.
- You can adjust spices as per your taste.
- You can prepare its mixture prior and keep in fridge.Just prepare kabab when have guests at home or can make it for kids after school snack .
- These are not only delicious but healthy too, as full of iron and fibers . Enjoy your day with yummy and healthy snacks. You can use these kababs as patties for your buns too.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!Like share and spread your love ❤️