This kalakand is a jhatpat (quick) recipe. only two ingredients are required sweetened condensed milk and paneer or chenna.The traditional method to make Kalakand is quite a long process, but this a quick and shortcut method with condensed milk.
I tweaked it a bit with adding paan and gulkand .
It’s my homegrown paan leaves.
from the taste and texture, you won’t come to know that the kalakand is made from condensed milk. the recipe gives a moist and granular textured kalakand.
Recipe adapted..nestle channel
[Preparation Time-5 mins: Cooking Time- 15 mins]
Condensed Milk – 1 tin (400 gms)
Paneer – 1 & 1/2 cups
Cardamom powder – 1/2 Tsp
Crushed pista & almonds – handful
Paan leaves Crushed 5to7
Gulkand 2tbsp, green food color 2,3 drops
- Take condensed milk and paneer in a pan and mix well. Cook it over medium flame. Keep stirring. It will get watery first.
- After some time it will start getting thicker. It will start leaving the sides of the pan. Add cardamom powder, paan leaves, and gulkand and mix well.Add 2,3 drops of green food color.
- Switch off the flame.
- Transfer the Kalakand mixture to a lined or greased tray. Level it with a spatula. Top it with coarsely crushed pista & almonds. Press it gently so that the nuts stick to the mixture. Let it come to room temperature and refrigerate it for 2 hours. Slice it and enjoy!!
That’s it! Quick Kalakand sweet is ready!!
- I have used homemade paneer. U can use store bought too. If using store bought, grate or crumble it and use.
- Do the entire process in low-medium flame. Keep stirring.
- Once the whole mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan, transfer it to a tray. Do not overcook as the sweet is meant to be moist.
- If u are unable to slice it, just feel free to enjoy it in the form of a halwa. It tastes the same
- Stays good up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
- In the kalakand, you can add dry fruits as well flavorings of your choice.
- I highly suggest using a heavy bottom pan.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
5 thoughts on “PAAN KALAKAND”
Awesome idea to use paan flavor in kalakand….Loved the recipe..amazing pictures..
Thanks ..do try and share a picture with me .happy cooking
LikeLiked by 1 person
Sure…will share ☺
Hey dear very nice and innovative idea. Few days back I prepared kalakand in the traditional way. It comes out very gud. Can you plz tell me d size of d cup you used for paneer measurement?
[…] This time I made Chocolate flavoured kalakand using cocoa powder. You can check my PAAN KALAKAND and Pinky Rose Kalakand Hearts […]