Ever since I started blogging, I have been experimenting a lot of baking at home. My recent try was this Eggless Tutti Frutti Cookies.I tried it and it came out super good, crisp and melts in the mouth.
Eggless tutti frutti cookies with the colorful tutti frutti in it, which looks like gem stones beautifully in the cookies. Not only it looks appealing, this one tasted also great. My daughters loved it a lot. So this is a perfect snack, be it back from school snack or inside their snack box.
Cookies are my family’s all-time favorite.
when I started blogging, we never brought cookies from the market…
Recipe Source: Sharmi’s Passion
All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 1 cup (135 gms)
Unsalted Butter (at room temperature) – 6 tbsp
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup (80 gms)
Tutti Frutti – 1/3 cup
Milk – 1 to 2 tbsp
- Powder the sugar and bring the butter to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, add powdered sugar and butter. Cream this until light and fluffy.
- Add maida, tutti frutti and mix well.
- Add milk to form a soft sticky dough. Lay a butter paper and roll the dough and form a log. Dust some flour if needed.
- Wrap it with a butter paper and freeze it in a freezer for 40 mins.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 180C for 10 mins.
- Remove the dough logs from the freezer and slice them into thick slices appx 1/2 an inch.
- Line the baking tray or a cake mold with butter paper and place these cookies carefully on a baking tray leaving some space in between each cookie. The cookies don’t spread, still, it’s better to follow this step.
- Bake this for 15- 20 mins or till you notice the edges turning into light golden brown in color. This indicates that the cookies are done. Transfer carefully to a rack and allow it to cool completely. Transfer it into an air tight container and enjoy it during tea time or any time when you feel like munching 😉
- Transfer carefully to a rack and cool it.Store in airtight container.
- if you don’t get tutti frutti substitute with any dried fruit variety
- Don’t use a knife with wavy impressions. Always use a smooth finish knife or a plain sharp knife with no impressions to cut the cookie dough log. This results in getting a smooth layer on a cookie.
- If your cookies are ready sliced and are waiting for preheating time then keep the cookies in the fridge until the preheating time(No need to keep in the freezer.)
- Check the cookies in regular 10 mins intervals since they turn to burn easily.
- You can also use a cookie cutter to cut the cookies into any shape as desired.
- Adjust adding milk to the consistency of the dough. The dough will be sticky so dust flour if needed while rolling them into logs.
- The cookies turn out crisp when it’s cooled completely.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!Like share and spread your love ❤️