Its base has a Rose and cardamom flavor. It is layered with motichoor and cream and topped with motichoor laddoos.
I made this cake for the birthday of my daughter’s friend. Nowadays all her friends demand cake from my kitchen as a birthday gift.
I feel happy to bake for her friends ..she describes the choice of her friends. This time she said, her friend loves ladoo, hence I made this fusion cake …
everyone liked and appreciate it. This laddo cake idea was super hit in her party.
For this recipe, I used my fav eggless malai vanilla cake idea.I replaced vanilla with rose and cardamom powder.
I got this idea from my facebook group.Thanks, Deeksha Pathak ji for this wonderful idea.
Malai 1/2 cup
Refined flour (maida) 1cup
Milk powder 1/2 cup
Baking soda a 1/2
Baking powder 3/4tsp
Salt to taste
lemon juice 1/2tsp
Rose essence (for flavor) 1/2tsp
Cardamom powder 1tsp
Motichoor ladoo 500 gm
Whipped cream, tutti fruity
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Keep your baking tin ready by greasing and dusting. (I used 6inch tin )
- Combine the malai and sugar lemon juice and curd in a bowl and whisk well.Keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour, baking powder and baking soda and sieve 2-3 times and keep aside.
- Add the milk and milk powder and maida mixture to the malai gradually and keep stirring.
- Gradually and alternatively finish the mixture and keep stirring.
- The mixture should be of the pouring consistency.
- Now add the rose essence and lightly stir again once.
- Grease the cake mold and sprinkle little maida into it.
- Pour the batter into it and bake in a pre-heated cooker or oven for40-45 minutes.
- After 5/10 minutes shift the cake on a cooling rack.
- Once the cake is completely cooled down, wrap it in cling wrap and keep in the fridge for one hour.
- Prepare whipping cream.(You may add color and saffron )
- Take out the cake from the fridge, cut the layers, soak with sugar syrup and cardamom powder and cream with sprinkle crushed boondi laddoo.
- Do crumb coat for the whole cake and again on the sides of the cake apply boondi.
- On top, in the middle put some ladoos and make whipping cream roses all around. Or you can go with your choice of decoration.
- Enjoy this Indo western fusion cake with beautiful flavors of rose.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.