one more quick sweet dessert recipe of kheer, that can be made for Navratri, Dussehra, and Diwali.
I tasted this dish first at my aunt’s (Kalpana Bhandari) place in a get-together party ..she is one of my best mentors and guides in my cooking journey.
When I was Invited for a show on IBC 24 a new channel named swad ki rasoi for sharing my Navratri special recipes, I click this recipe for vrat.here’s the link to my show swad ki rasoi
This is a quick recipe of kheer as you really don’t have to wait for hours to thicken the milk as this is the recipe of kheer with condensed milk which combined with paneer takes very less time to make thick and creamy kheer.
The paneer kheer has been flavored with cardamom powder, saffron.always use fresh milk while making this kheer. The recipe tastes somewhat like rasmalai with soft succulent crumbled paneer in flavored & sweetened milk.
Prep. Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:35 minutes
Passive Time: 30 minutes
2 cups milk full-fat whole. 500 ml
100 g condensed milk
½ cup paneer /cottage cheese crumbled, 50 gms of chenna or
8 – 10 strands saffron
1 tbsp sugar
3 to 4 cardamoms green
3 tbsps nuts Mixed (cashew nut, almond, walnut) chopped
Pomegranate pearls for decoration
- Take milk in a thick bottomed pan and bring it to a boil on slow heat.
- When the milk starts to a boil, lower the heat to lowest and cook it till it starts to thicken up.
- Crumble the paneer and keep aside.
- Now to the thick milk add condensed milk and one tablespoon of sugar.
- Add crumbled paneer at this stage and cook it for 4-5 minutes over low heat. Keep stirring to prevent the milk from burning at the bottom.
- Finally, add pounded cardamom and switch off the heat.
- Serve this paneer ki kheer warm or chilled as you prefer. We usually chill it for 30-40 minutes in the fridge and serve it garnished with saffron strands and chopped nuts.
- Serve paneer kheer hot, warm or chilled .we prefer the kheer to be chilled.The kheer can be had plain and they also taste good with pooris.While serving you can garnish the kheer with chopped dry fruits and fruits.
- the kheer can be had plain and they also taste good with pooris.While serving you can garnish the kheer with chopped dry fruits and fruits.
- If you decide to make the paneer ki kheer, always try to use fresh milk and paneer, I can’t stress on these enough. In fact, any dessert if you make with fresh milk comes out much tastier.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
4 thoughts on “PANEER KHEER ”
Lovely. It looks yumm.
This is looking so delicious…Loved it !!
Thanks a lot for your appriciation .
LikeLiked by 1 person