What can be better than Yummy paneer potato sticks/ kababs after hours of fasting. Just substitute the gram flour or corn flour with fasting flours like kuttu atta or singhara atta.
This is the second recipe that I prepared for IBC 24’s show ‘Swad ki rasoi’. They wanted a unique recipe for Navratri vrats, a recipe that would stand out from the others.So, I came up with the idea of paneer potato sticks garnished with sabudanas dangling like beads over it.
A wonderful and tasty dish which is easy to make and perfect for a vrat or upvas.
4-5 large sized potatoes (aloo)
125 grams cottage cheese (paneer)
½ teaspoon pepper powder or freshly crushed pepper (Kali Mirch powder)
2 tbsp rajgira aata (Amarnath flour)
1/2 tsp chili flex
oil for frying
1 green chili chopped
1/2 cup sabudana soaked
- Boil the potatoes with some salt and water in a pressure cooker or microwave oven.
- Mash the potatoes. crumble paneer and add it to the mashed aloo. add pepper powder, or crushed pepper, Rajgura aata, sendha namak (fast salt)
- mix the mixture really well. there should be no lumps. The mixture should be smooth and pliable.
- if the mixture is slightly loose, then add some more rajgira aata . Rajgira aata binds the aloo mixture. so when you fry the tikkis in oil, they do not crumble.
- check the taste. add more seasoning of pepper and salt, if required.
- now take some portion of the mixture in your hands. shape them into sticks /kababs and then roll on soaked sabudana them.make even sized paneer sticks/kababs of the entire mixture.
- on a pan smear oil for frying. place the sticks/ kababs on the pan and on a High flame fry the tikkis till they turn golden brown.
- When browned and crisp from both sides, you can remove paneer sticks /kababs from the pan. serve aloo paneer Tikki with Hung curd dip and coriander chutney with almond and walnut.
- you can even shallow fry or deep fry. if deep or shallow frying then uses oil and not ghee. if you are using a non-stick tava, then you can use ghee or butter.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
2 thoughts on “PANEER POTATO STICKS / KABABS”
LikeLiked by 1 person