Moong dal pakoris fried and dunked in yogurt and topped with yogurt,chatnis and sev makes a delicious chaat or an excellent side dish.It is an easy to make a recipe and an absolute must-have for any occasion/party.
Prep Time:15 min
Cook Time:30 min
1 1/2 cups Yellow Moong Dal
2-3 Green Chilies(optional)
1-inch piece of Ginger(optional)
48 oz of Yogurt/Dahi/Curd
3 tsp sugar
salt as needed
Oil for frying
- Wash and soak the dal for minimum 5-6 hours, Rinse, drain and grind to a smooth batter with as little water as possible.
- Heat oil in a wok/pan/kadhai.
- Whisk the batter well with hands to incorporate some air into the batter.
- Put small pakoris in hot oil using your hands or a spoon. Be careful as the oil is hot and it requires practice when using your hands.
- In a bowl take some water and add salt to it.
- Put the fried pakoris in the salt water immediately and let it soak for some time.
- Whisk the yogurt with sugar and salt.
- Squeeze the pakoris gently between your palms and squeeze out all the water and place the pakoris in whipped yogurt.
- Top with chatnis and sev
- Please be careful when using your hands to make pakoris as the oil is very hot. There is no salt in the batter, so its important to add salt in the water.
- The pakoris may look small while frying, but after soaking in water and then in yogurt, they do increase in size.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Like share and spread your love ❤️