Poha Cutlets (Flattened rice cutlet) is easy to make and very delicious. It can be made with ingredients easily available at home.
I love making cutlets for an after school snack or as a side dish, as it is much healthier than deep-fried snacks.
Both my daughters are participating in the annual function at their school and they practice for hours together and want some heavy snack after coming back from school.
Hence I tried this experiment. I prepared poha cutlets. In these poha cutlets, I added raisins, roasted peanuts, cashew giving altogether a different crispy and crunchy texture in the mouth.
I found my daughters and others relishing it. Today let us learn how to make Poha Vegetable cutlets following this easy recipe with step wise pictures.
Do try and surprise your family with this innovation and do share your feedback.
These poha cutlets taste best when they are served hot or warm. you can pair them up with mint chutney, coconut chutney or tomato ketchup.
Preparation Time: 30 Min
Cooking Time: 20 Min
Poha 1 cup (washed with water and soaked)
Potato boiled 4 medium size
Green peas boiled and crushed 1/2 cup
Raisin 1 Tablespoon
Peanut roasted and crushed 2 Tablespoon
Cashew nuts 6 to 7 crushed
Green chilies 2 chopped
Ginger crushed 1 teaspoon
Coriander 1 Tablespoon chopped
Salt according to taste
Oil for frying
- Take washed and soaked poha in a bowl.
- Add boiled and grated potato in this
- Now add green peas, ginger, raisins, peanuts, cashew nut, green chilies, coriander, and salt.
- Mix all together and form a dough.
- Take a small portion of dough and form a small square tikki. Repeat the same step with rest of the dough.
- heat a tawa or grill pan. add 3 tablespoons oil and let the oil become hot. place the poha cutlets on the tawa.
- when one side is lightly golden and crisp, turn them over.
- turn them again when the second side is lightly golden and crisp.
- flip them a couple of times more and pan fry till the tops have become golden. the onions will also brown and that’s the indication that the cutlet has cooked. do fry them on a low to medium flame.
- place the pan fried poha cutlets on kitchen paper towels.
- serve poha cutlet hot with coriander chutney, coconut chutney or tomato ketchup.
Check out other Tikki varieties on my Oats Tikki (Oxy Fryer Recipe) SPROUTED MOONG , OATS AND VEGGIE KABAB/ TIKKI /CUTLETSBeetroot ❤ Tikki Palak Tikki With Twist
- you can also add your choice of grated or cooked veggies or you can skip the veggies if you want.-
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Like share and spread your love ❤️