Nowadays I try using wholewheat flour in my recipes as it is healthier than maida. I have a liking for Nankhatai since my childhood.
This time I wanted to try it out with whole wheat flour and fortunately I found the Rak’s kitchen Nankhatai recipe.I tried the recipe it turned out to be truly scrumptious!
This will be really a perfect snack for your kid’s snack box, it’s healthier than the store-bought cookies and handmade with lots of love.
So Bake these easy cookies and send me the picture on my mail or on my FB page and I will, as usual, happily share it in on my Facebook page in the ‘Tried and tasted album.’
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Wheat flour/ Atta – 3/4 cup
Maida/ All purpose flour – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Ghee, melted – 1/2 cup (may not need all)
Elachi/ Cardamom – 1
Baking powder – 1 pinch
Pistachios, for decoration – 10
- In a mixer, place sugar along with elaichi and powder it. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- In the same mixer, coarsely powder pistachios, keep aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ℃.
- Add atta, maida to the powdered sugar along with baking powder. Mix well.
- Add ghee little by little rubbing as you add. You may not need all, maybe 1 tbsp you can reserve. You should add ghee to form a dough. No water.
- In a baking tray, line with the cookie sheet or grease with ghee, dust with a tsp of flour. Make equal sized balls (15) out of the dough. Flatten slightly, not too much.
- Cut with a knife to make a criss-cross pattern in the top middle of the cookie. Add a pinch of powdered pistachios over each cut.
- Bake it for 12 to 15 minutes at 190 deg. C/ 375 F. The cookie should not change in color to dark brown. When it just starts golden in color on the sides, that is enough. Cool on wire rack before storing in an airtight container.
- Add ghee gradually, do not end up in adding more than needed.
- The dough should hold its shape if not, ghee is more.The ghee amount may vary depending on the flour, so handle accordingly.
- I felt if the cookies are made smaller, it looked cuter than this. So make it smaller if you wish.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!Like share and spread your love ❤️
4 thoughts on “NANKHATAI (WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR )”
Nice and tasty recipe 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person