Chocolate Date Balls- the perfect treat for Christmas and New year!
Today I am sharing the recipe for chocolate date balls.They look like delicious chocolate balls with the good qualities of dates hidden underneath.
Both my daughters eat these balls willingly. It is a good way to provide them nutrition.
This is a healthy sweets recipe. Dates are considered very good for health. They are free from cholesterol and contain very less fat.
Also, the best part of this sweet is that it’s sugarless!! Yes, we haven’t used any extra sugar to make this sweet treat. Dates have a good natural sugar content that is enough to sweeten this recipe. Also, the white chocolate layer has some sugar in it.
Do make these delicious dates chocolate balls this winter and serve it to your family and friends. Let me know how it turned out in the comments below.
PREP TIME: 15 mins COOK TIME:10 mins TOTAL TIME:25 mins
Dates1 cup, seedless
Black dates1/2 cup, seedless
Cashew nut2 tbsp, chopped
Almond2 tbsp, chopped
Poppy seeds (Khas Khas)1 Tsp
Cocoa powder1 tsp
White chocolate1/2 cup, melted
Clarified butter (Ghee)1 tbsp
- Deseed the dates and grind it using a food processor or mixture grinder.
Make a paste-like texture so that it would be easy to mold into different shapes.
For Dates And Chocolate Balls
- Cut cashew nuts and almonds into small pieces. Heat 1/2 tbsp of clarified butter (ghee) in a flat-bottom non-stick pan and roast the cashew nuts and almond. You can use any dry fruit such as kismish, hazelnut, walnut etc.
- Once the cashew nuts and almonds are roasted keep them aside.
- In the same pan heat remaining half tbsp ghee and add poppy seeds (Khas Khas).
Roast it and add the mixture of dates and combine well both the ingredients. Turn off the gas.
- Now add the roasted cashew nut, almond and cocoa powder and mix well all ingredients.
- Let the mixture cools down.
- Take a small portion of dates and chocolate mixture and make a small ball by pressing against the palm. Repeat this step with remaining mixture and prepare all balls. you can give any shape of your choice.
- Make balls from remaining mixture and keep aside.
- Melt the white chocolate and dip the balls in the white chocolate. I have used a toothpick to hold chocolate dates ball straight while the chocolate cools down.
- Keep the balls in the refrigerator for about 5 min.Dates chocolate balls are ready to serve.
- Dates chocolate balls are ready to serve. Enjoy this mounth watering delight on any occasion or serve them in any parties like a birthday party, kitty party etc.
- You can store this balls for about 15 days in the refrigerator. You can also add fig to this balls.
- For these chocolate dates balls, I have used both black dates and normal dates. But you can use any type of dates that are available. The other ingredients are cashew nuts, almond, cocoa powder, poppy seeds (khas khas) and clarified butter (ghee) to roast. Basic ingredients which are available at home.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!
Like share and spread your love ❤️