Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Sweet
Learn how easy it is to make this Indian sweet recipe at home, mainly made for Festivals.I took 4 ingredients & approximately 30 mins from start to finish! The result is an extremely soft & moist Kaju Katli ️.
I have already posted Kaju katli recipe long back but want to add a new post with stepwise pictures and with some fusion.This time I added chocolate beauty to my Kaju katli.Hope you all like it.
For a perfect Kaju katli you have to learn few techniques i.e perfect sugar syrup, ground cashew, and most important kneading the dough. You have to be careful right from the first step to get perfect melt in mouth katli. Now I am confident to make this sweet again……
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook time: 20 mins Makes: 14 pieces
Cashew nuts – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Water – 1/4 cup
Milk – 1 tbsp
Ghee – Just for greasing
Melted Dark chocolate 1/2 cup
- Powder the cashews in a dry mixer. You have to be careful here, just grind it in a stretch, don’t stop in between and grind.
- You will be sure able to see the powder in the transparent lid, so keep grinding until you get a fine powder.This will not take much time.
- Also never grind the cashew which is cold, taken from the fridge, grind it when it is at room temperature. When I ground 1 cup of cashews, I got more than a cup of cashew powder, but I used 1 cup, heaped(like a mountain) cashew powder. There was some 2 tblsp left for me.
- Boil sugar in water and keep stirring. Keep little water in a small bowl and just pour few drops into the water to check the consistency.
- If you pour few drops, it should lay a fine thread that doesn’t get dissolved in water immediately when you touch. Or you can also check with your fingers to see if it forms a string.
- At this stage, lower the flame add the powdered cashew and keep stirring.Say for 3-4 minutes in low flame and your mixture gets thick, leaves sides, switch off the flame. Smear your hands with water and test by rolling a small pinch of the mixture in between ur fingers. You should be able to form a non-sticky ball. This is the correct consistency.
- Keep stirring in the pan itself with the ladle and the mixture turns more like a dough.When the mixture is still warm, take it to another clean platform/countertop and keep kneading. Mine was a bit dry, so I sprinkled some milk and kept kneading.The dough was grainy till then, but after kneading the dough really became smooth. I used gloves for kneading, so if you get want u can use little ghee while kneading.
- Roll the dough into a thin layer and cut it diagonally to make pieces.You can first draw lines lightly with the knife tip and then cut into diamonds to perfect shapes.
- Take some melted dark chocolate and dip Kaju katlis in it.Refrigerate for some time.
your chocolate kaju katli is ready ..
- I used milk only as my mixture was dry while kneading. If its fine then no need to add milk while kneading.
- Use less water to make sugar syrup to get the consistency quickly. While making sugar syrup, keep the flame in medium if you are nearing the consistency.
- If you add cashew powder before the sugar syrup reaches the consistency, then the dough will be sticky. So the sugar syrup consistency is important.
- Your Kaju Katli is ready now to enjoy! Just melts in our mouth!!
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
One thought on “CHOCO KAJU KATLI / KAJU FUDGE”
[…] Choco Kaju Katli / Kaju Fudge […]