I was on the lookout for a good wholewheat carrot muffin recipe from a long time until I chanced upon kurinjikathambam.com. She had shared a recipe for it over there and it looked really good.I noted it down immediately and made a mental note to try it.
Everyone, including kids, loves muffins. In this recipe, I am spicing up with carrot and cinnamon powder. An additional attraction is that it is eggless, butterless and made of whole wheat flour.
These muffins are so moist and tender that you cannot believe that they are made using whole wheat flour.
Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 20 mins | Yields: 10 Muffins
Whole Wheat Flour 1 ¼ cup
Corn Flour ¼ cup
Sugar 1 cup
Curd 1 cup
Oil ½ cup
Grated Carrot 1 cup
Baking Powder 1 Tsp
Baking Soda ½ tsp
Salt ¼ tsp
Vanilla Essence 1 tsp
Cinnamon Powder (optional) ½ tsp
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius.
- Sieve the wheat flour, corn flour, baking soda and baking powder 3 times.
- Powder the sugar using the dry mixie jar.
- Add curd and salt and sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix them well with a whisk.
- Then add vanilla essence and cinnamon powder (if used). Mix them well.
- Add the oil and mix them well with a whisk.
- Now add the cake flour (from 2) little by little and mix them with a whisk.
- Finally, add the grated carrot and mix well.
- Now line the muffin molds with muffin paper cups. Then pour the batter (from 8) till ¾ of the cups.
- Bake the muffins at 180 degree Celsius for 20 mins or until the inserted the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow it to cool down completely. Then take it out from the tray and serve it with tea.
Healthy and yummy carrot muffins are ready!!!
- Use maida instead of wheat flour.
- These muffins taste litter sweeter side, you can use less sugar according to your taste.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!
Like share and spread your love ❤