This is a really very basic recipe but it is liked by all age groups…It’s evergreen.
When I used to live in a small town, even then its creamy rich taste was loved by everybody. It can be a great summer treat for your friends, family, and guests.
Fruit Custard is an easy to make delicious chilled dessert. This dessert is perfect for summers as it is served chilled and consists of fresh fruits. Every bit of Fruit custard is sweet and creamy along with the right combination of tanginess from the fruits.
The fruit custard can also be served along with a slice of vanilla cake or fruit cake and jelly as trifle pudding.I frequently use in desserts with boondi, rasgulla, and Gulab Jamun too.
It is quite easy and quick to prepare. It can be prepared well in advance and chilled till the time of serving.
I have used the seasonal fruits in this vanilla-flavored custard. You can use fruits of your choice or the ones which are available in your local market.
Lastly, you can enhance the taste by adding cherries, tutti fruity, plum, almonds, pasta, cashews or any dry fruits you wanna add.
Custard powder now available in strawberry, mango and butterscotch flavors also apart from vanilla.
Sugar- 10 tbsp
Custard Powder-5 tbsp
Medium sized Apples-2
Chopped Cashews-1/4 cup
Tutti Fruity Bits- 1/4 cup
Cheeku 1/2 cup
- Firstly, in a thick bottomed pan add milk. Stir occasionally and get the milk to boil.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl take 5 tbsp of custard powder. I have used vanilla flavored custard powder.
- Add 1 cup of milk and mix well. Stir continuously, making sure there are no lumps formed in it.
- Add sugar to the milk which was kept for boiling. Keep stirring till sugar dissolves.
- Once the milk is boiled, turn off the flame and add the custard powder milk to the boiled milk stirring continuously. Stirring is essential part as you don’t want the custard powder to settle down and get burnt.
- Switch on the flame once again and let it boil while continuous stirring for 2-3 minutes. Switch off the flame once the milk thickens.
- Mix continuously, keeping the flame on low. The milk changes color to dark yellow.
Furthermore, it thickens slightly. Adjust the consistency by cooking for a long time.
- Transfer the custard into a serving bowl. Let it cool down completely. Keep it in the refrigerator later to chill.
How to prepare Fruit Custard
- Once the prepared custard milk has cooled completely, add chopped fruits of your choice. green grapes, red grapes, banana, pomegranate seeds, mango, and apple.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours or more.
- once the custard fruit salad has chilled, it turns more thick and creamy.
finally, serve fruit custard chilled.For Garnishing
- Spread sprinkles on a plate. Slightly wet the rim of the serving glass with milk then swirl the rim of the glass on the sprinkles. Now pour the fruit custard and serve immediately.
- Enjoy this cool and fresh dessert on any summer day!!!NOTES:
- Most noteworthy, turn off the flame before adding custard to milk. else they will form lumps. if you find lumps in custard, feel free to pass it through a fine-mesh sieve into a different bowl.
- Instead of adding fruits and refrigerating, add fruits of your choice just before serving to chilled custard milk.
- You can use any brand of custard powder of your choice. (I used weikfield here).
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
2 thoughts on “FRUIT CUSTARD”
how beautiful recipe .
Thanks a lot