This recipe has a slight twist to it with the addition of Gulkand. Gulkand is a flavoured jam made from rose petals and when added to sweets like this Dry fruit balls, brings out great flavours and taste.
Its Time for Raksha Bandhan so I thought of making this healthy sweet for this festival.
Prep Time: 20 Minute
Cooking Time: 50 Minute
1 cup Dates, chopped
1/3 cup Badam (Almond)
1/3 cup Cashew nuts
1/3 cup Walnuts
1/3 cup Raisins
2 tablespoons Gulkand
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup oats
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg powder
1 tablespoon Ghee
1cup white chocolate
1tbsp Hershey’s chocolate syrup
- To begin making the chocolate Dry Fruit Gulkand balls With Gulkand Recipe, chopped the dates and then make a smooth paste without water. keep it aside.
- Meanwhile finely chop almonds, cashew nuts and walnuts. You can also use a food processor or a mini chopper to fasten the process.
- Roast some oats and desiccated coconut also.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan, add dates paste mix well and saute for a minute.
- Next nut mixture, nutmeg powder, gulkand mixture and stir to combine well.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until you notice the mixture coming away from the sides of the pan. Once you notice the mixture comes away from the sides of the pan turn off the heat.
- Put some ghee on your palm and make dry fruit balls.
- Take some white chocolate and melt in the microwave. Add some chocolate colour.
- Dip dry fruits ball in melted chocolate and put in a butter paper .decorate with some colourful sprinkles.
Your chocolate dry fruit Gulkand balls are ready to rock the festival.
Serve Chocolate Dry Fruit Balls With Gulkand as a festival dessert or gifting .
- You may use nuts of your choice .
- you may coat this balls with desiccated coconut
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!Like share and spread your love ❤️