It is very soft, has a wonderful texture and needless to say- is very deliciousThis is a very easy one bowl recipe that even beginners can try out. I used whole wheat flour for these cupcakes to make a healthier version, and the result was fantastic. Everybody simply loved it.
Vanilla cupcake recipe courtesy: cookclickndevour
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 18 mins
(1 cup =250ml)
1/2 cup curd whisked well
1/4 cup oil
1/4 + 1/8 cup sugar
1cup apple (chopped )
1cup plum (chopped)
DRY INGREDIENTS :
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
A pinch of salt
Choco chips for topping OR frosting as required
INGREDIENTS FOR COMPOTE :
1cup apple chopped
1/2 cup sugar
1lemon juice of one lemon
- Preheat oven at 180C. Take oil, curd, vanilla and sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt over the wet ingredients
- Fold gently. Place liners in a muffin tin and pour the batter in each mould.
- Bake in the hot oven for 15-28 minutes. Cool completely if frosting else serves vanilla cupcake warm.
METHOD FOR COMPOTE :
- To make the plum and apple Compote, cut the apples into 8 cubes and plums in thin slices.
- Place the apples and plums in a pan along with 1/4 cup sugar, juice of a lemon and simmer for 15 minutes till the apples and plums break down slightly.
- Turn off the heat and pour the apple and plum compote on glass bowl.
- Take some whipped cream in a piping bag with star Nozal and decorate the cupcake.
- Now pour some of the compotes in it.
- Your cupcakes are ready to serve.
- Mix the dry ingredients very gently into the wet ingredients. If over mixed the texture of the cupcake will be affected.
- Keep the frosted cupcake refrigerated until serving.
- You can use any flavourless cooking oil.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Like share and spread your love ❤️