I am an absolute fan of beetroot!
Apart from its amazing nutritional value, what makes it special is the beautiful, natural colour it renders. I love using them in my cooking and trying them as the main ingredient in both sweet as well as savoury recipes.
I made these beetroot amla cutlets / tikkis as an after school snack for my kids. They ate shallow fried in the pan at minimal oil.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
5 to 6 amlas (Indian gooseberries), grated
1 cup boiled and mashed beetroot
3 potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
1 tbsp oil
1 onion, finely chopped
salt to taste
1/4 tbsp red chilli powder
1/4 tbsp garam masala
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a broad pan and add the onion and sauté till lightly browned.
- Add the beetroot and salt, mix well and saute for more 4 minutes or till the mixture becomes dry.
- Add the chilli powder and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add the potatoes, amla & oats mix well and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and make small flat tikkis of each.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook each tikki using little oil till they become crisp and
- golden brown from both the sides.
- Serve hot.
Here’s a short video for this recipe …
- You may add other veggies too.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
6 thoughts on “AMLA BEETROOT TIKKIS”
great! nice tutorial
Thank you so much
You have created a beautiful site and I also read some of your nice posts. These are very interesting and useful for all. You have also selected very nice content. I think people would be benefited to read your contents.
I have also a blog. Here, I am leaving my blog link below for you, must visit my Blog and leave a nice comment with your site/blog/post link. Because, if you place a comment with your link, I will visit your site in response.
Wish your good luck.
Click here to visit my blog
Thanks a lot ..sure I will do that
Very healthy.. Sharing it!