It is quite true that most, kids are n’t fond of green leafy vegetables. But they are a much essential part of the diet.
Palak or spinach is a superfood with an array of health benefits. Not only rich in iron, but it is also one of the principal resources of pigments, vitamins & minerals.
Today I am sharing a snack recipe that will be loved by kids and adults alike and is very healthy too. I am using whole wheat flour for this hearts.
Palak Mathri is really crispy and tasty to eat. A great snack dish for the unexpected guest or for a get together on any occasion.
I love heart shape and have thus used the heart-shaped cookie cutters to make the mathris more attractive.
1 1/4 cups- wheat flour
1cup- Spinach puree
1tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp- salt
1 tsp- kasoori methi
2 tbsp- oil
Semolina – 1/2 cup
1tsp -Carrom seeds-( Ajwain)
1tsp- Black Sesame Seeds
Oil to fry Mathri
Around 2 & 1/2 tbsps of water
- Take a bowl or plate or parath for kneading the dough. Add wheat flour, salt chilli flakes and carrom seeds, sesame seeds and mix well.
- Add spinach puree and Kasoori Methi and mix well.
- Add oil and mix well and try to knead the dough.
- Add water if needed slowly to knead into a firm dough.
- We need firm dough for Spinach pooris so don’t need to add more water.
- Heat oil in a pan for frying.
- Now divide the dough into equal parts
- Roll them and use heart shape cookie cutter and make spinach hearts.
- The size and shape of the mathri depend on your choice.
- When the oil is hot drop the Mathris in the oil for frying. Fry on medium gas until they become brown in colour and crispy.
- Crispy palak Mathri is ready to serve.
- Palak Mathri with Green chutney or Pickle as a tea-time snack.
- You may add green chilli also.
- you may use carrom seeds.
- you can bake this spinach hearts too.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!
Like share and spread your love ❤️