Today’s post is Eggless Strawberry Cake Recipe with step by step pictures along with cream cheese frosting.
Strawberries are in season and I can’t stop munching on them! So, I added them to my go-to cake recipe and made a delicious, easy everyday cake! It turned out moist, soft and the berries gave a jam like a flavour to every bite!
This cake is easy to prepare with only a few ingredients, if you opt for frosting, the ingredients list gets little bit elaborated. I didn’t use food colour or artificial essence, it tastes good on its own.
They say baking is simple. Yesss, just get your measurements right, use quality ingredients and put in your heart and soul and you’ll see how you can create magic in your kitchen.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
3/4 Whole wheat flour
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 Cup Strawberry Puree
1/4 Cup Neutral Oil (
1/4 Cup Curd
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 Pinch Salt
For the Frosting
1/2 Cup Cream Cheese / Hung Curd
1/4 Cup Soft Butter
1.5 Cup Icing Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- First powder the sugar in the mixer. Then measure and keep all the other ingredients ready.
- Chop the strawberries and transfer it to the mixer. Grind it without adding water and measure 1/2 cup of strawberry puree.
- To a sieve, add whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda ,salt & sugar . Sift everything to avoid lumps.
- To a wide mixing bowl, pour curd and oil.
- Then pour strawberry puree and whisk it with an electric blender or hand wire whisk.
- Now add the sieved dry ingredients and whisk everything till smooth and soft. Ensure there are no lumps.
- By the time, preheat the oven for 10 minutes. Brush a baking tray with little oil and dust little flour all over.
- Transfer the batter to the baking tray, then level it with a ladle/spatula. Shake the tray twice, so that the air bubbles releases.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake it for 30 to 35 minutes at 180c or a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a mixing bowl, first, add cream cheese/Hung curd and butter. (I am using hung curd )
- Then add powdered sugar and vanilla essence.
- Whisk everything well for 3 to 4 minutes, till stiff peak consistency. If the frosting is runny, add little icing sugar and if it is too thick, add 1 tbsp of milk to troubleshoot it.
- Refrigerate it for 1 hour so the frosting will set.
- With a knife/spatula, spread the frosting all over the cake. Slice the cake into pieces.
- Enjoy this eggless whole wheat flour strawberry cake
- Don’t use sour curd, as it will spoil the whole taste of the cake.
- Use fresh strawberries for good taste and bright colour.
- Adjust sugar quantity accordingly to the sweetness of the strawberries used.
- For vibrant colour, 2 drops of pink food colour can be used.
- For more flavour 2 drops of strawberry, essence can be used for this eggless strawberry cake recipe.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!
Like share and spread your love ❤️