A very simple recipe but filled with deliciousness… Versatile uses… On your ice cream or waffles or cakes/muffins or bread or chapati or tart …. Just keep licking it… It’s soooooo yummy…
Serve this coulis with a kick on ice cream, pancakes or cheesecake or tarts.
I hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as we do. Have a great day folks!
200 g Strawberries
8-10 Tsp Sugar
2 Tsp Corn Flour
1/2 Cup Water
1 Tsp lemon juice.
- Clean and wash the hulled strawberries.
- Put them in a food processor and puree it coarsely, that is, don’t make too smooth
- Transfer this coarse Puree to a pan.
- Add sugar and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Dissolve corn flour in water and add to the above mixture.
- Keep stirring and cook for 4-5 minutes till the sauce/ coulis becomes slightly thick.
- Lastly, mix lemon juice and take off from the gas.
- Let it cool.
- Use as desired.
- Store in a glass bottle in the refrigerator
If you like this easy strawberry preserve recipe, then try making at home before the fruit goes out of season and give that extra love on your desserts and ice creams. Share your feedback with me in comments below. Your views are valuable to us!
- Hulled Strawberries mean that the green leafy top is being removed.
- The quantity of sugar may vary depending on the sweetness of strawberries.
- Don’t make it very thick as it thickens on cooling also.
- You can puree it smooth in the blender too.
- Lemon juice is added to give shiny texture to the coulis.
- Remains good for 8-10 days in the refrigerator.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!Like share and spread your love
One thought on “STRAWBERRY COULIS / SAUCE”
[…] Strawberry coulis recipe here…STRAWBERRY COULIS / SAUCE […]