I love these mini fruit tarts because they’re SO easy to make. The recipe might have a few steps, but making them couldn’t be easier. And look how pretty they are, with all the cream & strawberries.
I have used strawberries here but you can use fruits of your choice for making the fruit tarts. Also instead of a cream filling, you may use custard, cream cheese or ganache.
They are easy to serve and look absolutely gorgeous on the plate.
Makes 8 tarts.
1 cup plain flour maida
1/4 cup salted butter – cold
a pinch baking powder
1 tbsp powdered sugar
2-3 tbsp ice cold water
Whipped cream 1/2 cup
Strawberry coulis 2tbsp
Strawberry coulis recipe here…STRAWBERRY COULIS / SAUCE
- Cut the cold, solid butter into small pieces.
- add baking powder, sugar, and butter to the bowl.
- Rub the butter into the flour with fingertips till it resembles bread crumbs. add 2-3 tbsp cold water.
- Bind into a dough of rolling consistency. knead lightly.
- Roll out large chapati of1/8″thickness. Cut out small circles with a biscuit cutter or a Katori, which is slightly bigger than the tart mould and fit them into tart tins.
- prick with a fork bake blind for 8 minutes in the centre of a hot oven 200℃ till very lightly golden in colour.
- take out from oven .cool.
- Fill cooled tart shells with whipped cream.
- Top with strawberry coulis and fresh strawberries.
- Serve after some time at room temperature or cold
- Wait until the moulds are completely cool before removing them.
- prick the base of the tart with a fork so it doesn’t puff up .
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!Like share and spread your love