Strawberry Sabudana Kheer | Strawberry Sago Pearls Pudding
Kheer is one of the most famous and loved desserts in India.
We generally make Sabudana kheer during the Navratri festival or during some of the fasting or vrat days. This is a popular Indian pudding that is made with tapioca pearls for religious fasting days.
Sabudana kheer gets a fruity twist by addition of a strawberry topping. The strawberry not only gives a beautiful colour but also an enhancement in taste.I simply loved this kheer and saved some for the next day too.
The Sabudana kheer naturally thickness after cooling, so keep in mind the consistency you want in case you want to serve it cold.
If you are also planning to make some milk-based dessert, do give this recipe a try; I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Sabudana (sago pearls) – 3/4 cup
Full fat milk – 1 litre
Sugar – 1/2 cup (or as per your taste)
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
Strawberries chopped – 1 cup
Slivered nuts (pistachio, almonds) – a few for garnishing
- Soak the Sabudana in about 3/4 cup of water for 3 to 4 hours.
- Bring the milk to a boil occasionally stirring in between. Simmer and let it reduce by 25%.
- Add in the soaked Sabudana and cook till the kheer turns thick. This may take about 15 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder and sugar. Cook for another 5 minutes on low heat.
- Take the kheer off the heat and let it come to room temperature.FOR THE STRAWBERRY SAUCE :
- cook strawberries and sugar in a saucepan set over medium heat until the sugar melts completely.
- For serving, Take a glass of your choice to add 1 tsp strawberry sauce at the bottom
pour kheer over it and top.again with strawberry sauce.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Like share and spread your love ❤️