How can leftover Pulav and veggies be used to win your kids’ hearts? It might sound like a riddle to you, but it is possible as you will see from this recipe. Cooked pulao and colourful vegetables are used to make a mildly spiced dough that is shaped into balls and deep-fried.
Broccoli, as we all know, is very healthy food. It is very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Protein, Vitamin E & calcium. So we must add such healthy food to our diet.
This is a wonderful way to include veggies like broccoli into your kids’ diet, and an intelligent alternative to store-bought fries, chips and cheese balls.
The Crispy Pulao Balls are really so crunchy outside and soft inside that your kids will love it!
leftover pulao, chopped onions, capsicum, green chilli and some cheese
I really like this kind of recipes where we can create a new dish out of some leftover dish. And if the taste of a new dish is so amazing then what is left to complain
Recipe idea: http://whatscookingmom.in/
2 cups leftover pulao/rice
1 onion chopped
1 small capsicum chopped ( you can use green, red yellow )
1 cup broccoli grated
1 green chilli seeds removed and chopped
1 tbsp chopped coriander
2 cheese cubes grated
Salt and pepper to taste (taste before adding as pulao and cheese already have salt)
2 tbsp plain flour/ maida
water to make a thick paste
Breadcrumbs to roll balls
oil for deep frying
- Mash pulao with your hands. Add chopped onions, capsicum, green chillies, coriander leaves & broccoli.
- Add grated cheese, salt, and pepper. you will have to taste the pulao first and add salt and pepper accordingly. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Make small balls by rolling the mixture in your hands.
- Make a thick paste of plain flour with water. Dip rice balls in the flour paste.
- Roll the balls in the breadcrumbs so that they are coated uniformly.
- All the balls are ready for frying. you can keep these in the fridge for some time and deep fry them just before serving.
- Tasty yummy irresistible rice balls are ready. Serve them with Strawberry spinach chutney
Strawberry Spinach Almond chutney :
Strawberry 1/2 cup
Spinach 1/2 cup
salt as per taste
green chilli 1
Combine all ingredients together and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Leftover pulav had potato, carrot, and peas. that is why I have not added them separately. If you are making these balls with plain rice feel free to add as many vegetables as you like. your kids will still devour these rice balls.