This strawberry shrikhand | Strawberry Yogurt Dessert is a fruity twist on a classic Indian dessert – Shrikhand. Instant Indian strawberry shrikhand is a great way to relish pretty candy-like strawberries.
Do try strawberry shrikhand, this is equally healthy and yum !!!!
1 Cup Strawberries (chopped)
3 tbsp castor sugar (depends on the sweetness of berries)
1/4th tsp cardamom powder
- Puree the chopped Strawberries with sugar using a mixer grinder.
Pass the puree through a sieve and keep aside.
- Take hung curd in a bowl and beat it with cardamom powder.
- I used an electric beater. But you can also use a balloon whisk or hand beater.
Whisk till the curd turns smooth.
- Add strawberry puree and whisk again till everything well combine.
- Pour it in individual bowls or earthen pots (I used small glasses here).
- Refrigerate it for an hour.
- Serve chilled.
- I used 500-gram thick yoghurt here, which gave me 1 cup hung curd.
- You may use store brought curd or homemade curd for making shrikhand.
- Make sure your yoghurt is fresh. Never use sour yoghurt.
- To make hung curd take a muslin cloth, spread the cloth on a sieve/ strainer, pour
- the curd in the cloth. Now bring the ends of the cloth together and hand it on
- support to drain the water from the curd. It may take 3-4 hours for making shrikhand.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.