The taste of slow-cooked rabdi with lachchas of malai is heaven, and trust me nothing can beat the flavour of it. Addition of Strawberry to rabdi takes it a notch higher elating your spread on any occasion or parties or festivals.
My sabji wala bhiya knows about My strawberry love. He always says Bhabhi This is the season’s last strawberries & I always brought some.
I know I have already shared many recipes using strawberries but while they are available, I want to include them in my recipes as much as I can. If you love strawberries like me, then don’t forget to check out my recipe of STRAWBERRY SABUDANA KHEER /STRAWBERRY SAGO PEARLS PUDDING
After making this easy rabdi, I flavoured with fresh strawberry puree. I can’t tell you delicious it was! I just wanted to keep eating more. It was addictive.
You can eat rabdi as such but it pairs fabulously with Gulab Jamun, Shahi Tukda, jalebi or malpua. You can make a big batch, eat some on its own and freeze the remaining and use whenever you want to pair it with something.
100 gms sugar
1/4th tsp cardamom powder
Few strands of saffron (soaked in milk)
8-10 strawberries, cored
Pistachio and almond shavings
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add milk to it. Bring the milk to a boil.
- Soak saffron in 2 tbsp milk and keep aside.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and keep stirring and scraping the sides of the pan after every 10-12 minutes.
- Cook the milk for 1/2 hours, until it is reduced to a quarter.
- Add sugar, saffron soaked in milk and rose water and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Pour the rabri in earthen pots for more flavour or else just transfer in a serving bowl.
- Either serve hot or chill in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
- For making Strawberry Rabdi Refrigerate rabdi for at least 2 hours.
- For the strawberry rabdi, puree strawberries with 1 tsp icing sugar in processor. Mix this puree in the rabdi mixture. Garnish with chopped strawberries, pistachio shavings and serve.NOTES:
- Tastes best when chilled and fruits have just been mixed.
- Keep stirring the rabdi after every 10-12 minutes while cooking to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar according to your taste.
- Other fruits like mango, kiwi and peach can also be added.