Suji heart Cutlets with Beetroot Ginger Relish
Suji cutlet or rava cutlets: A very unique crispy mouthwatering snack ideal for tea time or parties and get-togethers. Enjoy these delicious suji cutlets with a warm cup of tea.
Talking about these suji / rava cutlets, made with very few ingredients mostly available at home. Today I made them in a heart shape but you can make any shape of your choice.
This sooji cutlet can also be treated as crunchy patties or as Tikki’s and can be stuffed between sandwiches and burgers.
If you want to try something chatpata and quick do try these cute heart shaped suji/ rava cutlets. I am sure your Valentine will love it :).
Pep n pure send me some exciting spreads and jams .here I present my suji heart cutlets with Beetroot ginger relish
The relish colour was not so bright but the taste was awesome. The taste of the dish was enhanced by the ginger flavour.
Add colour and a spicy twist to your food with this new flavour of pep n pure
You can buy pep n pure jam & spreads from Amazon.
Water: 1 cup
peas boiled: ¼ cup
Grated carrot: ¼ cup
Finely chopped onions: ¼ cup
Finely chopped coriander leaves: 2 tbsp
Fine chopped green chilly: 1-2
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon or according to your taste.
Oil 1 Tsp
Boiled potato 1 cup
- firstly, in a large kadai heat 2 tsp oil and saute 1 green chilli.
- also, saute onion for a minute.
- Add grated carrot and saute well.
- Add 1/2 cup Rava and saute well.
- further saute ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp garam masala, ¼ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp chaat masala, ½ tsp amchur and ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp red chilli powder now add 1 cup water and mix well.
- keeping the flame on low stirring continuously.
- this helps to prevent lumps formations and rava absorbs water.
- cover and simmer on low flame for 5 minutes or till upma is cooked well.
- add in coriander leaves and mix well. allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Add potato to this mixture and set it in a tray and put it in to fridge for 30 to 40 minutes.
- After that cut heart shape cutlets using a cookie cutter.
- Shallow fry in medium flame.
- served with your favourite chutney or dips.
- firstly, use roasted rava if you are scared of turning upma sticky.
- also, add vegetables of your choice to make it more nutritious.