Wishing you all a happy #AchaarDay
I celebrated #achaarday to celebrate the vastness of India and it’s culture. Every home makes a different achaar, every person will make the same achaar differently .sabke hatho ka swad achaar me alag alag aata hai, aur dusre ke ghar ka achaar jayada bhata hai .This is what India is about.
I made Keri ka Achaar from my Dadi’s recipe.I tried my best ki Dadi ke hatho ka jadu chal jaye ..
Here’s my favourite mango pickle without which my daily meals would be incomplete .
Raw mango 1 cup Chopped
Oil filtered1/4 cup ( You can use Mustard oil too)
Fennel seeds (saunf) 1 1/2 tablespoons
Salt 3 1/2 teaspoons
Split mustard seeds (rai ki dal) 2 teaspoons ( I used rai and crushed in the mixture )
Red chilli powder 2 tablespoons
Asafoetida a pinch
Green chilli chopped 1/4th cup
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan till it starts to smoke. Set aside to cool.
- Cut mangoes into quarters, remove the tender seeds, then cut into smaller pieces and put into a large bowl.
- Crush fennel seeds and Mustard seeds.
- Add salt, crushed spices, asafoetida (heeng ) red chilli powder, Raw mangoes and green chillies and mix well.
- When the oil is cooled add half of it and mix.
- Transfer into a porcelain or glass jar and add the remaining oil so that all the mango pieces are well covered.