Gulab Jamun Custard (A Fusion Indian Dessert)
Gulab jamun custard is a milk based sweet and a fusion sweet/dessert. Gulab jamun is soft milk balls soaked in sugar syrup and in this fusion version, Jamun is served with custard and garnished with praline / chikki.
I’ve always liked fusion desserts, so this summer I made this delicious Indian- flavoured custard.
Mini Gulab Jamun (Homemade ) recipe…DIL JAMUN ❤(Heart-Shaped Gulab Jamun )
Nut Brittle ~ Praline ~ Chikki
3 tbsp Custard Powder
¼ – ⅓ tsp Cardamom Seeds, powdered
5 – 6 tbsp Sugar (to taste)INSTRUCTIONS:
- Take 2 – 3 tbsp of milk in a bowl, add custard powder, cardamom powder to the bowl and make a fine, lump-free paste. Keep the paste aside.
- Take remaining milk in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the flame, add some hot milk to custard paste, mix well and pour it back into a hot pan of milk, stirring constantly.
Cook/simmer for few minutes until custard thickens and coats the back of the spoon.
- Keeping aside a tbsp of sugar, add sugar to custard and mix until it melts into the custard.
- When desired consistency is reached, turn off the flame. Mind you, custard thickens when it cools.
- Crumble brittle/chikki to small pieces.
Take custard in serving bowls, add gulab jamun and top it with broken chikki.
- Sprinkle remaining one tbsp of sugar on custard and let it cool. Sugar will melt and prevent the custard from forming a thick layer on the surface.
- When the custard is cool, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Since custard is served with jamun, which is soaked in sugar syrup, I went a little easy on the sugar.If you ever try this recipe don’t forget to share your photos with me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or tag me on Instagram @Asthas_kitchen using the hashtag #Asthaskitchrn and stay connected* I would love to see your creations from my space!!