I always want to experiment with watermelon. A juicy delicious fruit of summer. Don’t you love it? Already posted some recipes with watermelon and I have one more to share.
Refined flour or maida – 1 cup
Milk powder – 1/4 cup
Powered sugar – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Watermelon juice – 1/2 cup
Vanilla – 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon juice – 2 teaspoon
Lemon zest – 1/4 teaspoon
Oil – 1/4 cup
Choco chips – 1/4 cup
Red food colour – as required, optional
- Preheat the oven at 180°.
- Grease the muffins tray or cupcake moulds.
- Sieve refined flour, baking powder, soda and milk powder. Mix well and keep aside.
- In a large bowl add powdered sugar, oil, watermelon juice and lemon juice. Beat until sugar dissolves completely.
- Add vanilla and lemon zest. You can add 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest if you like the strong flavour of lemon. Mix well.
- Now add all the dry ingredients. Mix well to make a lump free smooth batter. Add colour and mix well.
- Fold the choco chips in the batter.
- Fill the moulds 3/4 with the batter. If you don’t have muffins moulds you can make it in any cake tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180° for 20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool down.
- Serve with tea, coffee or juice. Or satisfy your sudden hunger pangs.
- Decorate with whipped cream and watermelon.
- I have used olive oil, you can any flavourless white oil or butter. If you don’t have muffins moulds you can make it in any cake tin.