I always want to experiment with watermelon. A juicy delicious fruit of summer. Don’t you love it? Already posted some recipes with watermelon and I have one more to share.
Baking is my stress buster. I always bake to refresh my mood. Love the aroma of baking. So here are the soft and yummy watermelon Cupcakes.
Refined flour or maida – 1 cup
Milk powder – 1/4 cup
Powered sugar – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Watermelon juice – 1/2 cup
Vanilla – 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon juice – 2 teaspoon
Lemon zest – 1/4 teaspoon
Oil – 1/4 cup
Choco chips – 1/4 cup
Red food colour – as required, optional
- Preheat the oven at 180°.
- Grease the muffins tray or cupcake moulds.
- Sieve refined flour, baking powder, soda and milk powder. Mix well and keep aside.
- In a large bowl add powdered sugar, oil, watermelon juice and lemon juice. Beat until sugar dissolves completely.
- Add vanilla and lemon zest. You can add 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest if you like the strong flavour of lemon. Mix well.
- Now add all the dry ingredients. Mix well to make a lump free smooth batter. Add colour and mix well.
- Fold the choco chips in the batter.
- Fill the moulds 3/4 with the batter. If you don’t have muffins moulds you can make it in any cake tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180° for 20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool down.
- Serve with tea, coffee or juice. Or satisfy your sudden hunger pangs.
- Decorate with whipped cream and watermelon.
- I have used olive oil, you can any flavourless white oil or butter. If you don’t have muffins moulds you can make it in any cake tin.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Hate to miss a recipe? Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love ❤️