I wanted to create a refreshing salad that would cool you off without the need for ice cubes. It’s starting to get hot and steamy here which makes me crave all the watermelon and cold cucumbers I can find.
It’s been so hot here the only thing I’ve wanted to eat is my Watermelon salad.
Did you know that Watermelon is 92% water and eating it keeps the body hydrated? This Watermelon and Cucumber salad with basil Lemon dressing are perfect in this hot weather as light lunch/ dinner. It’s simple, refreshing and big in flavour
My husband and I love salads. And I always try to make a new combination of salads every time. So here I present a cool combination of salad to beat the heat.
Refreshing and easy, Watermelon Blueberry Cottage cheese Salad with Cucumbers is the side dish you’ll want at every meal.
2 cups large diced watermelon
1/4 cups blueberries ( Here I used dried blueberries )
1 English cucumber cut into chunks
1/2 cup Cottage Cheese ( paneer) diced
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
1 tablespoon Lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 cup olive oil
fresh ground pepper
- In a large bowl, add the watermelon, blueberries, cucumber, Cottage Cheese and basil. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Lemon juice, honey and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Salad can be made up to 8 hours in advance. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- You can use fresh blueberries, cranberries and cherries too.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #AsthasKitchen