Fusions can be Fantastic!
Murukku is a crispy authentic snack which can be prepared in different varieties and flavours. Here comes the recipe with a tangy twist.
Thank you @on1ly food for sending me these handy & flavourful spices:-Paprika, ground chilli, cumin, salt, coriander, salt, garlic, oregano and clove.
Here I used on1ly brand Mexican seasoning in this recipe.
Rice flour: 1 cup
Besan flour: 1/2 cup
Chilly powder: 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida: 1/4 tsp
Sesame seeds: 1/4 tsp
Hot oil: 2 tbsp
Salt: to taste
Oil: for deep frying
on1ly Mexican spices 1tsp
- Boil tomatoes with little water till it’s skin cracks. Remove from hot water and allow it to cool.
- Remove the skin and puree the tomatoes to smooth paste.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Hot oil and combine with dry ingredients.
- Now add in the tomato puree and knead it to smooth dough.
- Add little water if required.
- Now take the idiyappam maker and put star hole disc.
- Fill it with prepared dough and press it directly to hot oil.
- Cook in medium flame till it’s done and turns crispy.
- Don’t overcrowd the oil.
- Take out from oil and drain excess oil.
- Allow it to cool and store in an airtight container for future consumption.
- You may use Piri Piri or any spices of your choice.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Hate to miss a recipe? Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love ❤️