Coconut dry fruit Chocolate (The After – Dinner Bark)
This recipe is adapted from Nandita Iyer’s book: The everyday healthy vegetarian.
I made these chocolates for my Indore cookbook club meet.
*Fun fact-I used coconut for the first time in my chocolates.*
Nut & coconut & cranberries are a good combination. Eating a piece of bark as a post-dinner treat ensures you get a serving of healthy fats. Do try it.
1/4 Cup almonds
1/4 Cup cashews
1Cup dark Chocolate
1/4 Cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup Coconut chips
1tsp white sesame seeds
5,6 drops vanilla essence
- Slightly Roast almonds and cashew and coconut in a pan or microwave.
- Melt dark chocolate in a double boiler or in a microwave. Add vanilla essence and combine well.
- Add the nuts, cranberries and coconut chips and stir to combine.
- Line a small baking tray with parchment paper. Transfer the chocolate mixture over the paper.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds all over and press down with the spatula.
- Place this tray in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Once it has set, break into pieces of desired sizes. Save in an airtight box in the refrigerator.
- you may any nuts of your choice.