My hubby dear & I are both in love with salads. Every day I wish to try some new salad combinations and chickpea is my favourite ingredient.
Chickpea Salad is such a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy fresh summer veggies and is perfect to make ahead and enjoy for lunch!
I love fresh summery salads filled with a huge variety of products and this recipe contains so many wonderful, fresh ingredients! Refreshing cucumbers, juicy diced tomatoes, black olives and Lemon dressing are the perfect complement to chickpeas! Not only is the combination of colours and textures beautiful, but it is also loaded with flavour for a totally irresistible meal ready in just minutes.
What I love most about this chickpea salad is that you can customize it to your own preferences. If you don’t like olives, leave them out….want something a little spicy, throw in a little bit of chopped jalapeno. It’s your salad your way.
1 cup Chickpeas soaked and boiled well
1 Cucumber Chopped
2 cups chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint optional
FOR THE DRESSING:
2 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp lemon zest
2 cloves garlic minced
kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together the chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, basil and mint until well combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, zest and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Cover the salad and transfer to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
This Chickpea Salad can be made up to 5 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator in an airtight containerThank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.Hate to miss a recipe? Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!Like, share and spread your love ❤️
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram with