Mango is my favourite and chocolate is my daughters’ favourite. Therefore I made this Chocolate Cupcake with Mango rose.
It’s a beautiful combination.
These super moist chocolate cupcakes contain TONS of chocolate flavour in each cupcake!
Made from simple everyday ingredients, this easy cupcake recipe will be your new favourite. For best results, use natural cocoa powder and buttermilk. These chocolate cupcakes taste completely over-the-top with Mango.
This recipe is for cupcakes but you can easily bake it as a cake too. Only the baking time will be more in that case. I used whole wheat flour and the result was very good.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter (If using salted, skip the salt)
1 cup hot water
1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave or using double boiler method.
Sift and mix the flour, cocoa and baking soda.
- Add salt (if using unsalted butter) and sugar. Mix until all the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Gradually pour the hot water.
- Add the chocolate mixture, vinegar and vanilla essence. Beat well. Do not overbeat.
- Transfer in your cupcake liners.
- Bake at 180º C for 15-20 mins (standard size) or check using a toothpick.
- Remove, let it cool. Decorate with any frosting of your choice.
- *Makes 15-18 cupcakes.
- Decorated with whipped cream and mango rose .
- How to make mango roseHow To Make Mango Rosette