Black plums (or Jamun/Jambul/Indian blackberry ) are very easily available in summer and rainy season. These berries are power packed with many different nutrients that are good for our body. In fact, Black Plum has been extensively used in Ayurveda for treatment of Diabetes, digestive disorders, infections, skin problems and oral problems.
When I saw Jamun cake recipe on Instagram in AMRITAOFLIFE profile I wanted to try it and finally, I tried it and the result was fabulous. I decorate with Jamun flavoured icing. Thanks a lot once again AMRITAOFLIFE for sharing such an innovative and wonderful recipe.
DRY INGREDIENTS :
1& 1/4 cup fine rawa / sooji
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1tsp baking powder
1/ tsp baking soda
3/4 cup raw sugar
WET INGREDIENTS :
1/3 cup ghee
1/2 cup dahi
3/4 cup Milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
JAMUN SWIRL INGREDIENTS :
200 gm Jamun
2tbsp raw sugar
1/4 cup Whipped cream
Jamun Compote :
- Pit theJamuns, blend the Jamun flesh with little water and sugar and cook on slow flame about 10-15 minutes or until it has welk thickened up.
- It should be jammy consistency.
- Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Add the rawa & Raw sugar and let it rest 30 minutes (This gives time to rawa to fluff up).
- Mix the whole wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda together and add to the sooji mixture.
- Mix till just combined.
- Don’t over mix.
- In a greased and dusted Tin, layer the batter and Jamun compote and run a fork through it to create pretty swirls.
- Bake at a 180℃ in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- let it cool down to room temperature.
- Add 2 tbsp jamun compote into whipped cream and mix it .decorate your cake with this Jamun flavoured icing.