Sweets become sweeter especially when they are homemade.
Loki Kalakand – Bottle gourd has numerous health benefits. The first and foremost is, it is a very cooling vegetable because of its high water content. And the lightly sweet flavour softens up the mood. Bottle gourd sweet proves just as delicious.
I used Kapiva A2 desi ghee to make lauki kalakand and no change in taste at all. Also, the aroma was great.
Bottle gourd 1 kg
Sugar 1/2 cup
Milkmaid 1/4 cup
Milk 1/ 2 ltr
Almonds and pistachio sliced 1 tbsp each
Green food colour 1/4 tsp (optional)
Green cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
- Peel bottle gourd and grate it.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add 2 tbsp ghee and add grated bottle gourd and saute till all water absorbed.
- Add milk and cook 10 to 12 minute till the lauki is tender.
- Keep stirring constantly for about 10 minutes.
- Then add Sugar, Milkmaid and cardamom powder & green colour.
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- add 1 tbsp ghee and your Lauki kalakand is ready to serve.
- You can serve hot or cold as per your choice.
- Sprinkle almonds and pistachio on top.
- also, cook kalakand on medium flame, else the milk gets burnt from bottom.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Hate to miss a recipe? Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love ❤️