Monsoon special easy snack recipe
Spicy Piri Piri masala corn.
Boiled corn seasoned with aromatic tangy spices and the fresh smell and flavour you get while you make this recipe is out of the world. You might have experienced it in small street stalls where they sell it paper cups spicy hot.
Street style spicy sweet corn recipe is so tempting and flavoursome with chaat style taste. This recipe is so simple that you can make it in a few minutes if you have boiled corn kernels ready. This can be served as an evening snack or as a tangy salad.
My daughters are big fans of Piri Piri flavour and so I gave the desi corn a twist of Piri-Piri spice and they loved it.
1/2 cup boiled corn kernels
3/4 tbsp. Butter
1/2 to 1 tsp Red chilli Powder
1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
1/2 tsp Chaat Masala
1 tsp Piri Piri masala
Salt as required
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1 or 2 tsp Coriander Leaves
- If you’re cooking corn in a pressure cooker, cut it into half and cook for 2-3 whistles in medium flame. After cooking, remove the corn kernels from corn cob. You can even cook the corn kernels without cob in a saucepan with some water.
- Take corn kernels in a bowl and add 3/4 tbsp of softened butter.
- Now start adding all the spices starting with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder, Chopped green chillies, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder, 1/2 teaspoon of chaat masala and 1 teaspoon of Piri Piri masala.
- Squeeze in some fresh lemon juice for that tangy flavour and add some finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Now gently mix all the ingredients with a spoon. Always make sure whether the butter is mixed properly or not. Serve this spicy corn with a wedge of lemon
- finally, transfer the spicy masala corn chaat into a cup and serve immediately.
- also, add more butter if you are looking for flavours as served in street sides.
additionally, add onion and coriander to make flavourful.
- finally, spicy masala corn chaat tastes great when served slightly warm.