Leftover Pulav Rice Paratha Recipe is an excellent breakfast made using any leftover rice (biryani / pulav or plain rice). Onion and spices are added to the stuffing made from leftover rice and rolled into a paratha using wheat flour dough. It is a very easy recipe and anyone can make it. Do try this recipe!
1 Cup Leftover Pulav
1 Medium Sized Onion Chopped
1 Green Chilli Chopped
1 Tbsp Coriander Leaves Chopped
1 .5 tsp Red Chilli Powder (or as per taste)
1/2 Tsp Coriander Seeds Powder
2-3 Tsp Oil per Paratha
Wheat Flour Dough as required
Salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add leftover pulav & mash the rice with your hand or in a blender.
- Put in half a tablespoon of oil in a pan and heat it. When the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds until they crackle, Add some onions and green chillies, and saute for 5 minutes. Next, add the spices – salt, red chilli powder, coriander seeds powder & saute again for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add this mixture to the leftover pulav and along with coriander leaves; and keep this stuffing aside.
- For rolling paratha, on a flat surface take about tennis ball size of dough & with a rolling pin, roll the dough till halfway. Use dry flour to roll as needed. Place about 2-3 Tbsp stuffing kept aside at the centre of the rolled dough.
- Now start sealing the dough to form a round ball-like shape, pressing the stuffing in. With the help of dry flour & rolling pin start rolling the stuffed dough using very light pressure & keep sealing the ends with fingers as you roll. Quickly run a knife below the paratha in case it might have got stuck at the base.
- Heat a pan/Tawa, drizzle oil. Place the paratha on the pan carefully. On medium flame let it cook for 30-40 seconds. Now flip the paratha with a spatula. You will see some light brown spots. Apply oil on one side & after 30-40 seconds flip it again. Press lightly with a spatula & cook for another 20-30 seconds.
- Repeat the process another side – apply oil, flip over, press gently with a spatula for a few seconds. Turn the flame on high & cook for 5-8 seconds. Flip again, cook for 5-8 seconds.
- Paratha is ready to be served. Serve with curd & top it up butter (optional).
1. Since I used rice which already had some spices in it, I didn’t add a lot of spices. But if you are using plain white rice, then add turmeric powder & increase the number of other spices too.
2. You can use raw onion also in place of sauteed onions.