Pineapple Raita is a cooling and refreshing side dish for any meal. Not only this, any raita recipe has that cooling effect on your body. During the summer, I make sure to include yoghurt based dish in my diet.
Do try this pineapple raita at home and trust me, you and your family are going to relish it like anything.
1 cup yoghurt
½ cup + 2 tablespoons pineapple, chopped(I used canned pineapple )
¼ teaspoon cumin powder
¼ teaspoon mint flakes, more to sprinkle
1 teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon black salt
10 coriander leaves
some grapes for garnish
- Measure 1 cup of yoghurt in a strainer and let it sit for 15 minutes. This is to drain excess water from the yoghurt.
- After 15 minutes, transfer the yoghurt to a bowl and add black salt, mint flakes, cumin powder and sugar.
- Whisk the yoghurt till spices are well mixed.
Add the chopped pineapple pieces to the yoghurt and mix.
- Finally, add some chopped coriander leaves and mix.
- Pour the raita into a serving bowl and garnish with chopped pineapple pieces and pomegranate.
- Sprinkle some mint flakes on top and chill the raita before serving..
- You can use fresh or canned/tinned pineapple for dahi raita.
- Adjust the sugar level according to sweetness/sourness of pineapple.
- Replace sugar with honey to make a healthier version of pineapple raita.
- If you want spice in your raita then finely chop green chilli and add it for extra spice.
- Try to use plain yoghurt/dahi which is not very sour to make raita. Sour yoghurt might not taste that great in this raita.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Hate to miss a recipe? Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love ❤️