Creamy Sitaphal Paneer Kheer | Custard Apple & cottage cheese Pudding
CUSTARD APPLE is one of the most delicious seasonal fruit. You can consume it as a fruit or one can make a delicious dessert out of it. Deseeding it is quite laborious but once the dish is made, its amazing taste will make you forget the pains you took Today I prepared ‘CUSTARD APPLE &COTTAGE CHEESE KHEER’.
When Amrita of life shared the Seetaphal kheer recipe on Diwali on Instagram I bookmarked it. and as soon as the Seetaphal season rolled in, I decided to try it out myself. It turned out to be a really delicious dessert.
I made this kheer from the very famous Ashta city’s Seetaphal my grandmother send to me.
1/2 cup raw sugar if desired
1 small cinnamon stick
4,5 green cardamoms
4-5 pieces Almonds and pistachios chopped
Pulp for 4 seetaphal (custard apple)
Approx 1 cup.
1/2 cup.crumbled or grated fresh paneer
2,3 saffron strands.
- First of all, you have to deseed the Custard Apples.
Take a strainer and open the custard apple.
- Remove the flesh gently and keep the Sitaphal shells to be used as bowls.
- Once the flesh is on the strainer, with the back of a spoon or a hand beater extract the seeds and pick them out.
- Collect the pulp below and spoon out the seeds.
- You can blend the pulp to a smooth paste but I let the segments stay as it gives a grainy texture like Kheer instead of Phirni.
- Boil the milk and let it simmer.
- Add the cardamom powder and cinnamon stick.
- Once the milk has reduced almost to half, remove the cinnamon stick.
- Add the sugar and little bit of saffron.
- let the milk cool down completely. Now mix the seetaphal.pulp in it and add grated paneer too.
- Adjust sweetness if required and refrigerate for a while.
- Your Creamy Sitaphal Pudding is ready.
- Pour it into a bowl and set in the fridge for a couple of hours or pour into the Sitaphal Shells and use as individual bowls.
- Garnish the Creamy Sitaphal Pudding | Custard Apple Pudding with slivers of almonds and pistachios.
- Use ripe custard apples as it is easier to deseed them.
- Use firm sitaphal shell for a bowl.