Beetroot & Gajar Soup With Crisp Spinach And Toasted Sesame – Carrot soup served with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and crispy fried spinach.
Tried a new recipe today Beetroot carrot & potato soup and kept it simple spiced with just ginger, garlic, black pepper cumin and topped with crisp spinach.
Serve your kids with this nutrient-rich soup in winters made up of beetroot, carrots spinach, etc .
Beetroot boosts stamina, gives fibers, helps in detoxification. Carrot helps in improving vision. This is excellent source of nutrients for kids and adults. Make your self a bowl of soup and enjoy the weather.
Prep Time : 15-20 minutes Cook time: 25-30 minutes Serve :2
Carrots Chopped 3 medium
Beetroot Chopped 1 medium
Onion chopped 1 small
Fresh spinach leaves (palak) shredded 1 cups
Sesame seeds (til) toasted 4 teaspoons
Butter 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Garlic chopped 4 cloves
Ginger chopped 1-inch piece
Vegetable stock 4 cups
Potato boiled and mashed 1
Black peppercorns crushed 2 teaspoons
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
- Heat the butter in a pan, add cumin seeds and when they begin to change colour add garlic, ginger, Onion carrots & Beetroot .
- Add one cup stock and cook till the carrots & beetroot are soft.
Remove from heat, cool and puree.
- Pour the puree into a pan and add the mashed potato, remaining stock, crushed peppercorns and salt.
- Cook, stirring continuously, till soup comes to a boil and is well blended. Pass the soup through a strainer.
- For crisp spinach, heat sufficient oil in a wok, add the spinach and deep fry till crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Pour the soup into individual bowls, garnish with crisp spinach and sprinkle sesame seeds. Serve immediately.