Both Lemon and Dates have major health benefits. The health benefits of lemon include treatment of Throat Infections, Constipation, Fever, Dental Problems, Rheumatism, Obesity etc.
Dates are a good source of various vitamins and minerals such as Calcium, Phosphorus, Iron, Sodium, Potassium, Zinc and Magnesium.
Recipe courtesy: My friend Anubhuti Doshi
Dates – 100 gm (chopped)
Ginger – 1 tsp (chopped)
Fresh red chilli 4-5
Asafoetida Powder – 1 tsp
Green Chilly – 5 nos (chopped)(Optional)
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Oil – 1/4 cup (optional)
Salt to taste
- Wash and completely dry a medium-sized glass jar.
- de-seeded the red chillies and add lime juice and then crush it in mixture jar.
- Take this mixture in a bowl.
- Now add dates, salt, asafoetida and mix it.
- Close the jar tightly and set aside for around 2 days…
- After that put it in the fridge for a longer shelf life.
- Tangy and sweet date pickle is ready to eat.
- Serve it with mini parantha, khichdi or rice.
- If you want you can add green chillies too.