Eggless Banana Oats muffins are a delicious and yet healthy combination of bananas and oats.
This recipe does not contain maida and butter. Just two tablespoons of cooking oil for the entire batch of muffins!! Use any oil like sunflower oil or olive oil which is odourless and you can enjoy muffins without being guilty of stashing loads of calories. It is really a delicious oats recipe which will make one eat oats without even realising it.
These muffins get all their softness and moisture from banana and curd. For the sweetness, I have used some brown sugar which is again a healthier alternative to refined sugar we generally consume at home.
You can garnish these muffins with any fruit or nuts of your choice. Some of the suggested options which you can use are strawberries, blueberries, dried cranberries, almonds, raisins or chocolate chips etc.
Oats- 1/2 cup
Whole Wheat flour-1/4 cup +1 tbsp
Baking soda-1/4 tsp
Salt- A pinch
Ripe Banana -1 (large)
Thick Curd-1/4 cup
Brown Sugar-1/4 cup
Vanilla Essence- 1 tsp
Chocolate Chips-2 tbsp
- Take oats in a grinding jar and grind them coarsely. Don’t grind it too fine.
I have used Quaker Oats.
- Sieve together whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add coarsely ground oats to it. Keep it aside. These are the dry ingredients.
- Peel the banana and make a puree.
- Add curd and brown sugar to it. Mix well till sugar is completely dissolved.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Preheating oven is an essential step in baking. Please do not miss it.
- While the oven is heating, add milk, vanilla essence and oil to the above mixture. Mix well.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients in this liquid mixture. Be gentle.
- Place the liners inside the muffin tray or muffin moulds.
- Pour the batter in muffin liners using spoon such that there are filled 3/4th. Garnish the muffins with chocolate chips.
- If the oven has preheated by now, place the cupcake tin inside the oven and bake muffins at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, do the toothpick test.
- Prick the centre of any muffin by a toothpick and check. If the toothpick comes out clean the muffins are ready. If there is some liquid at the tip, bake for another 2 minutes.
- Enjoy these melt in the mouth healthy Banana Oats muffins and that too guilt-free!! You can have them warm also 🙂
- The muffin gets its natural sweetness from the ripe bananas. I would advise if you are trying this recipe, then please use only ripe bananas as I have added a nominal amount of sugar and these muffins get most of their sweetness from bananas.